The top 10 SSD drives, along with their pros and cons, are further discussed in this article.
ADATA XPG SPECTRIX S40G
In case you want to custom build your PC and want RGB lights in it, then ADATA is the best option for you. It will bring lights to the final component, and has exceptional 4K write speeds. There are so many specifications of this SSD drive, that it would make it worth the price.
This drive is built with eight channel PCIe, 3x4 NVME, and 1.3 controller. Further, it comes with Micron’s 3D TLC flash, and has sequential read of 3500 MB/s.
The sequential write performance of the drive is 1900MB/s and it rates up to 300K/240K IOPs.
However, the actual performance of the drive depends on the component that it is paired with. ADATA drive has bright light capacity, and it can be customized fully.
This drive is compatible with RGB sync software, and is available in four different sizes. Whether your system’s need is 256GB or 4TB, it can all be fulfilled using this drive.
The weight of this drive is 13.4g, shock resistance is 1500G/0.5ms and MTBF is 2,000,000 hours.
- The 4K write and sequential read results of this drive are exceptional.
- The value proposition of the drive is strong.
- For those who enjoy RGB lighting, this is a fun addition for them; this work especially for those who like to fully customize their PCs or laptops.
- Saving the RGB settings, with multiple profiles can be a little difficult
KINGSTON KC2500 M.2 NVME SSD
This is an internal SSD drive, which is a premium option for buyers. Even though this isn’t the best internal SSD drive for those who are conscious about their budget, its reading and writing performance is really good. The read and write speed are 3,500 MB/s and 2,900 MB/s respectively.
Regardless of what the user is doing, the speed would be quick enough to satisfy them. For example, if you are editing a 4K video, tweaking TIF files, or playing a heavy graphics game, then this would be the best drive for you.
This drive is not very hard to install, and has an appealing black PCB as well. The encryption of this drive is XTS-AES 256, and it is one of the best internal SSD drives that you can get on the market.
The capacity of this drive is up to 2 TB, and the form factor is M.2. The interface that this drive uses is PCIe NVMe.
- The reading and writing speed is pretty quick
- It is a very easy to install drive and doesn’t take long.
- It has a stylish black PCB, which adds to its appeal.
- This is an expensive internal SSD drive, compared to other brands.
The digital storage capacity of Crucial P5 is 250Gb, and the hardware interface is SATA 6.0 Gb/s. The read speed of Crucial p5 is 3400 megabytes per second and the write speed is 1400. This drive is available in other storage capacities as well, like 500Gb, 1TB and 2TB.
Crucial P5 has a controller technology, innovative 3D NAND, and its performance of reading and writing is good as well. This drive can enhance data security and management, and it comes with full drive encryption.
It can protect your data, without negatively affecting the performance of the system. The drive has the ability to optimize performance, and is durable with error correction.
For added protection, the drive has adaptive thermal protection. When you put this internal drive in your system, then the apps will launch right away, games will load quickly, and the system won’t take much time in loading.
This drive also comes with a 5 year limited warranty, giving more protection to the customer.
- Gives the best result on multiple benchmarks.
- It is very speedy and has a good reading and writing performance.
- Price to performance ratio is good.
- The software options are good.
- It has a 5 years’ warranty.
- The writing speed is not very good, in the 250GB version.
Samsung 870 Evo
This is an internal SSD drive, and its form factor is 2.5 inch. The digital storage of the drive is 250GBs, but it is also available in 500GBs, 1TB and 2TB.
The hardware interface of the drive is SATA 6.0 Gb/s. The read speed is 560 megabytes per second, and the performance is indisputable. It is a very reliable drive, as it is pioneered by Samsung.
When someone buys this drive, they will surely enjoy professional SSD performance, because of its accelerated speed.
It is compatible with major host systems and applications, like chipsets, motherboards, and video recording devices. The user would be able to upgrade the drive without any hassle.
- The 4K results for SATA drives is really good.
- It is a durable product; those who have used this SSD, has given it a good rating.
- Samsung has set a standard for SSD management software.
- As compared to PCI Express, this drive has a lower ceiling when files are being transferred.
Samsung SSD 980 Pro
The digital storage capacity of this solid state drive is 250GB, 500GB, 1TB and 2TB. This drive is of PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD, and provides a professional level of computing to the user. The maximum reading speed of the drive is 6,400 MB/s, which actually raises its performance bar.
This internal SSD drive is especially designed for gamers, and tech savvy users, who usually have to deal with high graphics in gaming, graphics as a whole and data analytics.
The SSD drive is very efficient, compact, and comes with a M.2 2280 form factor. It makes the drive perfect for high performance computing systems.
Perhaps, one of the best features of this SSD is that, because of its nickel coating, it can manage the heat level of the controller.
As the SSD manages the heat on its own, it becomes durable and gives a reliable performance. The performance fluctuations are next to none, when the user uses this drive.
- The performance of the SSD is really exceptional.
- It comes with 5 years’ warranty.
- The SSD drive has a built in hardware encryption, which makes the data more secure.
- The cost per gigabyte of the SSD is very high.
- The write durability rating is low, compared to the SSD 970 Pro.
ADATA XPG Gammix S50 Lite
The digital storage capacity of this PCI Express x4 is 1024Gb, and the writing speed is 3200.0. this internal SSD drive is compatible with desktop, and its interface is M.2 2280 PCle Glen 4.0 NVMe.
This drive is not compatible with Mac, but if someone wants to use it for their Mac, then they need to get additional parts for it. This internal SSD drive supports NVMe 1.4, and has a high density 3D NAND, which provides both durability and reliability to the user.
XPG S50 is designed for AMD X570 chipset, and the user can definitely benefit from its performance. The drive comes with a 5 years manufacturing warranty.
Due to its specification, it is not only ideal for gamers, but also for PC enthusiasts.
As the drive is made of aluminum heatsink, it doesn’t get heated regardless of how it is performing. The heatsink is so effective, that it can easily reduce the temperature by twenty percent; its appealing look is a bonus point.
If you are using the SSD for transferring data, then its LDPC technology can easily fix data errors. The data transfer will become accurate, providing the user with end to end protection, data protection, and engine support.
- Offers the user with the lowest price, per GB in the line of PC Express 4.0 SSDs.
- The SSD performs really well, and is equipped with a solid management software.
- It has a high durability rating.
- Comes with a five-year warranty.
- The speed isn’t the quickest compared to other SSDs.
- The heatsink is difficult to remove.
The digital storage capacity of this SSD internal drive is 256GB, 512GB, 1Tb and 2TB. The hardware interface is PCI Express x4, and it is compatible with desktop.
he PCIe of this device is Gen3x4 NVMe 1.3 interface, and it is the perfect boost for a PC build. Addlink’s reading speed is 3000 MB/s, and the writing speed is 1000 MB/s.
However, even though this is the standard performance, it may vary as per the system configuration. This is a very reliable SSD, which supports both SMART and TRIM commands.
It is engineered using RAID engine, and LDPC (stands for Low-Density Parity check) coding. This means that the data will be secure and the user won’t have to worry about it.
The SSD comes with a 5 year limited warranty. This SSD is not only compatible with desktop, but with notebook, Intel and AMD platforms as well. The SSD drive is perfect for gamers, tech enthusiasts, and those who usually tackle 3D animation. This is also good for rendering, photo editing, and other applications.
- This SSD provides great value for the user.
- The sequential speed is fast.
- The durability rating is quite high.
- It comes with a 5-year warranty.
- There is a visible difference in 4K speeds.
- There are no software management tools, which usually comes with a SSD drive.
Seagate FireCuda 520
The digital storage capacity of this internal SSD drive is 500Gb. The hardware interface is solid state drive, and the reading speed is 5000 megabytes per second. This device is also available in 1 TB and 2TB, which further enhances the performance of the system.
The maximum reading speed of the drive is 5000MB/s and the writing speed is 4400MB/s. It comes with a 3 years rescue service, TBW of 2800TB, and Mtbf of 1.8m hours.
This SSD drive is perfect for those, who play high performance games on their laptop or PC; it is ideal for Pro workstations as well.
- The sequential speed of the drive is really fast.
- It has a high durability rating.
- The overall results of the PC are strong.
- There is no heatsink in it.
- The price of this drive is higher compared to the PCI Express 3.0 drives, which are better in some aspects.
WD Blue SN550
This SSD drive is available in different storage capacities. User can benefit from 250GB, 500GB, 1TB and 2TB.
The form factor of the drive is M.2 2280, and the hardware interface is PCIE x4. The NVMe is next generation, which is why the user can boost the performance of their system.
The reading speed of the drive is 2400 megabytes per second, and it is 4x faster than SATA SSDs. The drive has a Western Digital designed controller, which further optimizes the firmware, and monitors the health of the SSD as well. However, NVMe drive is not compatible with a SATA interface.
When this drive was tested, it pretty much held against the drives that costed twice more.
- The drive has a good cost per gigabyte pricing.
- It comes with a 5-year warranty.
- This drive is perfect for gamers, and those who don’t like to delete application from their system.
- The written speed has a low durability rating.
- The reading speed is slow.
Sabrent Rocket Q
The digital storage capacity of this PCI Express x4 is 8TB. The reading speed of the drive is 3300 megabytes per second, while the writing speed is 2900.
Sabrent is built as per PCle 3.1 specification, and there is power management support available for APST/ASPM and L1.2.
It even provides support to SMART and TRIM commands, and comes with Acronis True Image for the software. This makes it easy to clone, particularly helpful for those who want to clone the SSD that is available to them.
This drive has a Sabrent utility, which makes it easier to reformat their Rocket drive. They can choose the sector size that they want; it could be 512 bytes, or even 4k bytes.
- The Rocket Q line has an 8TB option for the user, which is a rare option in SSD drives.
- The read and write score is really fast, especially when it comes to 4K.
- It comes with a 5-year warranty.
- The per gigabyte cost of both 8TB and 4TB are high.
- The writing aspect of the SSD has low durability.