When you open a file and try to save something in it, it will take a lot of time. When a person uses SSD, the waiting time goes away dramatically, and even on a cheaper device, it works better than HDD.
Clone a Larger HDD to a Smaller SSDUsually, people want to clone a larger HDD to a smaller SSD, because they want to optimize the performance of their system. Since SSD is quieter and fast, it is gaining popularity among people. In order to clone a larger HDD into a smaller SSD, people need to have a good cloning tool. Follow the steps below, to make this happen.
Finding the right toolThe first thing that the user needs to do, is to find the right tool to clone the larger HDD to a smaller SSD. For example, they can download EaseUS, which is a free partition software.
It comes with a disk clone feature and allows the user to copy the HDD data to SSD very quickly. This software doesn’t even damage the device, and the user can easily upgrade the disk on the Windows system.
Visit more: SSDFlashDrive
The next step is to prepare the SSD, where the user needs to see whether the SSD capacity is bigger, compared to the used space on HDD.
- If the HDD usage is bigger than the SSD capacity, then this cloning won’t be possible.
- You need to delete some useless and large files on HDD, in advance. Now, clean up SSD, and just leave it unallocated.
- In order to avoid any cloning errors, the most important thing to do is delete the partitions in SSD.
- The first step is to select the source disk, which means selecting the disk that you want to clone.
- After this, select the option of clone in the software, and then select the target disk.
- In this case, you will select the HDD/SSD as the destination.
- Click on Next to continue with the prompts, and then take a look at the disk layout.
- Here, you will have to edit the partition size of the target disk, and then click on continue.
- You can also select the option of ‘Autofit the disk’ or ‘Clone as the Source’ so that the disk’s layout can be customized.
- Click on the option of ‘execute the operation’, and then click on Apply, so that the process of cloning starts.
- When the cloning process is done, then you need to insert the SSD into the system and restart it.
- For entering BIOS, press the F2/F12/DEL options, and then go to the Boot section.